When you are looking for your dream home, you may have a variety of specifics in mind. You probably know a price range or a number of bedrooms you’re looking for, but there are so many specifics you can consider when using our home search. While your Eng Garcia Grant Realtor will help you really drill down to some of those neighborhood specifics, you can get an idea of what’s out there by optimizing your home search criteria.
Here are some things you might not have thought of that will make your online search more effective.
- Year Built: Are you looking for a historic home? Do you love mid-century modern design? Or are you thinking you want all of the latest bells and whistles in a shiny new build? Be sure and designate a “Year Built” when you are conducting your home search. That can help you narrow down the homes and find something more in line with what you are looking for.
- Days on Site: Knowing the number of days a listing has been on the market can make a big difference in your negotiating position. Checking out listings that have been sitting on the market awhile can help you identify homeowners who may be getting anxious to sell and might just be open to a low opening offer. Alternatively, if you’ve been looking for a while and are tired of seeing the same old listings, set Days on Site to the current day or week. That will ensure you see all of the newest listings as they are added.
- Price Reduced: Just like Days on Site, Price Reduced can let you know if a homeowner is becoming more motivated to sell. And looking at the history of price reductions in an area can give you some insight since all of those homeowners are watching each other as well. Love a listing but feel it’s overpriced? If a neighbor’s listing was just reduced, your target might just be contemplating a price drop, too.
- Popular Features: Here’s a place for many of the things you thought you’d have to find out in the description. Looking for a waterfront home? A garage? A home that has already been remodeled? You can select for any of these under Popular Features.
- Community Features: Looking for a community without an HOA so you can avoid those fees? Need a playground nearby for the kids? Hoping your new condo will have a fitness center? You can check these options in the Community Features to ensure your new neighborhood fits your needs and lifestyle.
- Property Features: Do you need to be near the Metro? Want to make sure your new building is pet-friendly? Maybe you dream of a Green home (here’s a great one). The Property Features option offers a variety of choices for accessibility, amenities, and other options.
- Waterfront and Views: Whether you are hoping for a gorgeous view of the river, a higher floor in a condo or co-op building to improve your city view, or the privacy of a wooded view, you can designate the type of setting you require during your search. That will make it easy to avoid disappointment when you choose a home for the location, but find it is poorly situated.
- Features: Whether you are concerned about outdoor living features like a porch, deck, or pool, or convenience features like a parking garage or fenced yard, you’ll find the extras you need under Exterior Features. Interior Features can help you find an owner’s suite just where you want it, choose between carpet and hardwoods, or help ensure plenty of storage. Love to cook and entertain? This is also the place to choose the kitchen features, wet bar, and other extras that will help you throw the best parties in the neighborhood.
- Style: Whether you have always dreamed of a Tudor or love the Victorians that are a feature of your favorite community, you can choose a home style that works for you. Why flip through listings for Colonials when what you really want is a Craftsman? Narrow down your search and find just the right style.
There are so many things to think about when choosing your new home, and a really user-friendly search can simplify the process. Find your happy place and cut out all of those listings that just aren’t “you.” Sign in to start your search and contact your Eng Garcia Grant Realtor for more information and a custom search sent right to you. We can’t wait to help you find the perfect place.